Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Her Black Wings

Okay, so my Halloween costume wasn't everything I'd hoped it would be this year. I wanted to sport these glorious wings (in black of course) but I ran out of time, energy and money. Who knew feathers cost so much around here? So I made do with little demon wings.

The party we attended was after the wedding and the reception and the kids' Halloween party that didn't go exactly as planned, so by the time we got there everyone was pretty wasted. The costumes were great. There were a few nurses, a blizzard, and a "one night stand" but my favorite was a guy dressed as a hospital patient and drinking beer from a urine bottle. So gross, yet so flippin' funny.

To be honest, it wouldn't have mattered how big my wings were or if I was wearing anything at all,for that matter. I had a tough act to follow. That would be Mr. Tanager. He's quite a character anyway, but once he walked in wearing that getup, he was the party.

I did have a couple of people comment on my costume. One said something about my 'angelic' face and the other about how evil doesn't suit me. Awww, drunken strangers say the sweetest things. Oh well, maybe next year I'll be the fairy.

After Jesus taught my sister to do the running man, some miscommunication with a guy who spoke no English, and many rounds of religious banter, we called it a night. This time, I didn't hurl in the yard. I waited until we were back at our cabin.

I do like the horns though. I may even make them part of my daily attire. They make the other PTO mommies stare.

If you would like to make your own, just get some Sculpey (or other bakable clay) and shape them any way you want. After baking them for the specified amount of time, let them cool then hot glue them to a headband.

Oh, and if you ever want to try your hand at the Holy one, try McCalls 2339.

2 comments:

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

I love your horns.. I am going to have to make a set to replace my oh so wimpy glittery set.

Heather said...

Hilarious!!!