Sunday, May 11, 2008

word to your mutha

Happy Mother's Day!

I got nothin' so I'll exploit the family a bit.

Overheard at the homestead this week:

Mr. Tanager: "I got five or six years on that guy, I'll whip his ass. Who cares if his kid looks like he's in the fourth grade, he's still a crybaby!!"


Little Scarlet: (pondering one morning three weeks after the world's strongest man appeared on Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?)
"How do they know he's the strongest?"
Me: "They have a contest and all the strong people compete against each other lifting all kinds of heavy stuff."
Little Scarlet: "Why didn't Daddy go?"
Me: "He was busy that day."


Little Scarlet: "I did it. I punched _ _ _ _ _ right in the gut, just like Daddy said to."
Me: "Why on earth did you do that?"
Little Scarlet: He said, "Your mom is fat and ugly."
Me: "Oh, okay then. Good job."


Little T picking who is 'it': "Inky binky bonky, Dadddy had a...hey Mom, what's the mommy one again?"
Me: "My mother and your mother were out hanging clothes, my mother punched your mother right in the nose, what color was the blood?"
Little T: "Yeah, that's the one!"


MIL: "Oh my God, it has ears like a rabbit!"
Mr. Tanager: "It is a rabbit, Mom."

4 comments:

Heather said...

LOL - I sprayed out a bit of tea laughing at this post. Excellent!!

The Film Geek said...

My favorite blog post of the week! :)

Elvis Drinkmo said...

Happy Mother's Day, Scarlet. (Two days late.)

Janis Bland said...

Love it.

Mom managed to send hub and I packing with a clueless and hurtful (to hub) question.

But she's 85.