Thursday, November 02, 2006

Random Disorder

My intentions were to spend the day getting caught up on housework...but I somehow ended up hanging shelves in my son's room. Distractions, distractions. Anyone else have this particular disorder? When I walk into our bedroom I see piles everywhere-clean clothes, dirty clothes, summer clothes, books-you name it, it's there. Yet everything in my closet is hanging perfectly and color coordinated. Dresser drawers are full of perfectly stacked squares of t-shirts, socks and undies in nice little rows.

I always wish I could see my house from a stranger's point of view. The messy dining room with the arts blowing out of one end...the crafts blowing out the other, a home office and dining table stuffed in-between. But ooh wee look at those sparkling baseboards!

Things really aren't that bad. I have been getting some craft time in here and there. I have a few new bags in my etsy shop and have been working on swap packages. Apron swap is coming along nicely, and I'm hoping to have my Thanksgiving decorations for Heidi in the mail no later than Tuesday.


Tonight I'm going to bed early and I'm taking this with me. A very thoughtful anniversary gift from Big T, something I would love yet not buy for myself. What could be better than a party guide by Amy? I've already read her thoughts on inviting alcoholics and seen a recipe for fake cake, so I'll go ahead and tell you you should read this book.

1 comment:

The Film Geek said...

What a cool gift. My wife and I go out of our way to see anything Amy Sedaris is in, we love her humor that much. Enjoy.