Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thrift Thursday


Have you ever heard that old adage "Just because you can wear it, doesn't mean it fits"? This is a cute top. Don't let the bad lighting and stripped walls behind it lead you to think otherwise. But I knew when I picked it up, that it wasn't for me. Looking at the tag and seeing S should have been the first indication, I am 5'7" and I have shoulders like a linebacker....errr,supermodel. Amazingly it did fit, cute sleeves, nice shape, but oh those damn ruffles. This would be fabulous on someone more petite, more suited to ruffles. I own nothing with ruffles, and now I remember why. So if you are looking for an adorable ruffled top for spring, you've come to the right place. A comment indicating your extreme desire for this frilly little number and the cost of shipping, it is yours.

5 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

It really is a cute top! I probably would have bought it too, despite having similar hinderances/"qualities" as the ones you mentioned. I'm sure somebody will snatch it up soon!

woof nanny said...

Way way cute, but since my boyfriend left over a year ago, I've crept up past the 6 I used to me. I need to remedy that by summer...
adorable top though. So few thrifts have a dressing room (yes, some do!)

woof nanny said...

PS: I can relate to the super model shoulders. I used to swim in high school and college--never needed shoulder pads, that's for sure. Would that it made my waist look skinnier, but no such luck, lol

Scarlet Tanager said...

FB,
Great! Email me your address at:
scarlet_tanager1@yahoo.com and I will mail it out tomorrow. Don't worry about shipping, I'm just happy to find it a good home. That little sweet potato bird told me that yours is a good home indeed.

Hoover Glass Cutting said...

Nice ppost