I finally finished all my blocks for block swap. I had this set done since the end of March which is very uncharacteristic of me, I normally tend to put things off and frantically finish at the last second. I was holding out on the last two blocks because I was really getting burned out on the mint and squash colors. Robin's-egg blue and curry were on back order, apparently this was the case for a lot of people participating because Jessica extended the deadline.
Here are the last two with the robin's egg blue:
This was my first attempt at quilt blocks, and I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. I've decided that signing up for a swap is a great way to learn something new. It seems I do my best work when it is for someone else, plus it's leaving the house so I can't sit around and criticize it. The deadline thing doesn't hurt either.
Now that the blocks are in the mail, I am looking out for black and white fabrics to use for Back Tack 3. I missed BT2, so I'm really excited about this. We are making a softie, and two of the patterns being used were designed by hillary, whom I adore.