Sunday, November 18, 2007

Progress Report

I learned a long time ago that drunk-dialing is bad...very bad. As of last night, I learned that drunk-blogging is no better. A bit of early-morning editing was in order around here as well as a promise from my other half not to encourage any late-night, alcohol-fueled debauchery. Carry on.


As promised, I do have some things for show and tell in the Handmade Holidays department.


My first sock monkey. I've had the socks and instructions for monkey-making for a very, very long time. I have no idea why it took me so long to try this. I think I was afraid of messing it up, as there is no pattern, just some rather loose instructions on where to cut and sew. This was great fun and I'm pretty sure that I was born to make sock monkeys, but not sure why it was never brought up as a career path. I want to make more, but haven't found the socks in my area. Does anyone know a good source for monkey socks?

I'll show you rest of the little guy after Christmas. He is a gift for a very special person in my life and I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.


This little birdy pincushion is the prototype for another project I'm working on. I kept this guy for myself, but cut off the leaves and reworked the band a bit and made a couple more for friends. I'll post more about this whole project later in the week.


A few quick and easy tissue holders for teachers' gifts.


A rather ambitious sewing project that has taken over much of our dining room as well as our lives. If you happen to see a very handsome, bearded man trailing bright strips of fabric from his shoes, please send him home. I need the fabric...and he has my wine.


4 comments:

wardstorms said...

Funny post. I love that sock monkey and the tissue holders are too cute.

Heather said...

Oh geez! You crack me up! Love your sense of humour!

Unknown said...

Haha! I'm sorry I missed the drunk blogging... but these are all fantastic. Love that sock monkey, especially! Now I've got Brass Monkey stuck in my head... and it won't get out. :D

maggie said...

congratulations on your first sock monkey! here's to many more. the vermont country store has the red heel socks. but it's also fun to make them with socks from the "joy of socks" website, too. have fun!