Tuesday, October 09, 2007

doorstop

I made this from a pattern in this book. I love Lotta's simple style and her graphic fabrics. This was a kitchen towel that I had squirrelled away, thinking the print was too pretty to get all stained.

I cut the sides of the pattern down 1/2 inch on each side, but if I were to make another one, I would cut the bottom down about 2 inches, making the whole thing shorter, because it is still quite large and it took a lot of filling. Jan suggests using beans, and...um, I have to agree on that one. Sand does not work well, people. Besides, if we have a really bad winter, I know I can always tear it open and cook an emergency pot of beans.

It's certainly an improvement over the old one.

2 comments:

Orange Blossom Goddess (aka Heather) said...

oh yes, much prettier!

Bitterbetty said...

lovely.. This made me laugh aloud. I really need to get going on the projects in that book. They are super divine! and you are so right that dishtowel makes a much better doorstop!