Thursday, February 22, 2007

Beginning To See the Light

I know, I know. I said that I was doing home improvement here this month, but I lied. The house is an ongoing project and it really needs its own space, which will most likely come in the form of a new blog devoted solely to home projects. I'm still trying to think of a name for such a blog, but haven't come up with anything yet. If you can think of anything clever, leave it in the comments section and if I pick yours, you get a prize. I promise it won't be a sock full of marbles.

I'm taking a little blogging break. I'm experiencing a combination of the winter blues coupled with the need to re-evaluate my long-term goals and short-term priorities. Plus, less time at the computer will give me more time with my children and my husband, more time to work on the house and more time to exercise, which I desperately need right now. I'll be back in a couple of weeks.

Just in case you have the winter blues too, I'm leaving you a little bit of sun.

To make your own laundry room lamp you need:
A clean, dry plastic detergent container (light colors or white work best)
A little light bulb on a cord. I have no idea what these are called, I bought mine in the Easter section at JoAnn fabrics a few years ago. I think it was intended to stick in the back of a ceramic house. It's the same kind you stick in the back of a plastic Mary. (Everyone has a plastic Mary, right?)
Something with which to cut extremely tough plastic. I used tin snips.
That's it. Cut a hole in the back big enough for the light bulb, carefully push it in, plug it up and enjoy!

5 comments:

Stanton said...

That is SO cool on SO many levels.

wardstorms said...

I love the lamp, what a cute idea! I will miss seeing your posts but I totally understand about needing a break!

Amanda said...

Cute idea!

Jelly-Filled said...

I'm coming out of lurkdom to tell you I like your blog and will miss reading while you are on hiatus. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me.

Dee Light said...

What a cool lamp!